- Certified Teachers in: Infant/Child and Adult CPR, and First Aid
- Clean Classrooms Include: Perrsonal places for your child’s belongings, organized learning centers for learning activities, disinfected toys & play areas, & child-sized sinks for washing hands
- Safety Guard on Door Hinges: Knowing that children are naturally curious about visitors around opening and closing doors, our doors are padded at the hinges so that little fingers don’t get pinched when doors are opened & closed between classrooms
- Regular Drills for: Tornado, fire, hurricane & school lock-down
- Glass Walls: Unlike typical daycare centers or childcare providers, our classrooms feature tempered glass walls for maximum visibility, safety & cleanliness. This promotes an open, bright atmosphere
Our Toddler Child Care Program is way more than any average daycare program serving Frisco, Texas! At Kids ‘R’ Kids, we completely understand that the endless energy & curiosity of toddlers never ends. We’re confident our program fills their days with challenging & engaging activities which build on existing knowledge, and which presents them with new opportunities to grow.
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Legacy West in Frisco, our Kids ‘R’ Kids Toddler Program is kid-paced while fostering important developmental skills & making learning fun!
At Kids ‘R’ Kids, we whole-heartedly believe that laughter & play are simply essential to learning. Our Toddler Program is full of fun activities and lessons everyday! We nurture a creating and welcoming space for your child to make friends. Of course, we complete the program with our highly-qualified & compassionate faculty and staff, making our Frisco Childcare Program the best place for your child to grow & thrive!
What We Offer Our Busy Little Learners
- Fine & Gross Motor Skills — We know that an active body equals a healthy body. Motor skills get sharpened while playing indoors or outdoors on our large, age-separated play spaces. No matter if a child is learning to walk, running at full speed, reaching for the monkey bars or simply tossing a ball to a friend, they will learn all about their body’s abilities & celebrate accomplishments both great & small.
- Building Language — We provide our toddlers an American Sign Language (ASL) program, which has been shown to help with nonverbal & eventual verbal communication. With the help of the Toddler Program, your child will be able to effectively communicate their needs with caregivers & peers.
- Creativity & Expression— Imaginatin & expression inspired our classrooms’ designs. We offer age-appropriate learning centers for your toddler as they explore their abilities in music, art, early literacy, imaginative playing & so much more!
- Stories & Songs — When the world around us becomes distracting, we use entertaining stories mixed with a variety of silly, fun songs to help hold your toddler’s attention. Growing the imagination while learning those important skills needed for the next developmental level is vital at this stage.
- Social Interaction — When children enter the world of toddlerhood, they naturally become more aware of the world around them. We understand the importance of friendship & cultivating harmonious relationships with teachers & peers. At Kids ‘R’ Kids, your toddler will learn how to have positive interactions, regardless of differences in nationality, religious belief, or cultural norms
- Front Desk: Our front desk is always staffed with a watchful eye so that someone is always supervising the facility, ensuring authorized entries only
- Security Cameras: Every classroom in our facility has security cameras that are monitored at the front desk. The owners & staff can easily observe classroom activities throughout the day. Families can login to a secure, password-protected website to check in on your child periodically
- Electronic Security: Coded entry so only authorized visitors may enter the facility
- Hiring Process: All staff undergo extensive state-mandated background checks prior to being hired
- Each day, our in-house chef prepares nutritious meals that exceed USDA guidelines
- Meals are prepared in our commercial-grade kitchen, which is kept separated from the classrooms
- Teachers monitor all eating times for safety
- Children eat all meals together using family-style seating in our kid-friendly café
- All allergies are documented and kept in the front office with administrators
- Our Frisco school is a nut-free zone
Susan, Nicole and Stacy
“My twins are unique, and Kids ‘R’ Kids adapted programs to meet their needs.”
Our Toddler Program emphasizes every stage of development for your toddler because every stage is important. That’s why we use our whole-child approach to aid in the enhancement of communication, language & literacy skills. Through this approach, we facilitate:
- Behavioral Development
Brain & Cognitive Development
After successfully concluding our Toddler Program, your child should:
- Demonstrate an understanding of community, culture, ethnicity, & geography
- Demonstrate an awareness of community economics & how events are related
- Understand quantity & numbers, and begin to grasp the concepts of distance, weight, dimensions, & time
- Understand patterns, shapes, & beginning mathematical problem solving
- Participate in dance, visual arts, voice & drama while exploring the use of instruments and objects to express creativity
Social & Emotional Development
As your child grows, he/she will:
- Develop relationships and social skills with adults & peers
- Develop self-awareness
- Engage in self-expression
- Demonstrate self-control
These skills will be sharpened and nurtured with the help of our highly-skilled teachers.
By combining engaging activities both inside & outside of the classroom, your toddler will:
- Practice safe, healthy habits
- Participate in activities related to nutrition
- Demonstrate an awareness of the body in space and its relationship to objects in space
- Use senses to explore the environment and process information
- Develop fine & gross motor skills
After leaving our Toddler Program, and prior to moving on to our Preschool Program, we’ll ensure that your child:
- Demonstrates initiative & self-direction in activities
- Demonstrates interest & curiosity in their environment
- Demonstrates a cooperative, yet flexible approach to play
- Sustains attention to a specific activity & demonstrates persistence during the activity
- Engages in a progression of individualized & imaginative play
Communication, Language & Literacy
Once your child has completed our Toddler Program, he/she will be able to:
- Listen to conversations & demonstrate comprehension & understanding to what was said
- Acquire vocabulary introduced in conversations, activities, stories, and/or books
- Use non-verbal communication for expressing wants/needs
- Use increasingly complex language
- Demonstrate increasing knowledge of the alphabet
- Demonstrate awareness of print concepts
- Use writing for a variety of purposes
- Acquire meaning from a variety of materials read aloud
- Develop early phonological awareness
The Big Steps Curriculum® for toddlers continues to build on the big steps taken during infancy. Toddlers experience an environment that invites interaction with play materials within organized play spaces. This research-based, accredited program provides a structured learning plan developed for the busy, growing toddler.
The children practice literacy through sign language, books, puppet play, music, singing, games, and conversation with peers and adults. A child’s cognitive skills blossom with a multitude of activities designed to unleash their already inquisitive and creative nature.