- Certified Teachers in: Our teachers are Infant/Child and Adult CPR, and First Aid
- Clean Classrooms: Our classrooms include a personal place for your child’s belongings, organized learning centers, disinfected toys and play areas, and child-sized sinks for washing hands
- Glass Walls: Our classrooms feature tempered glass walls for maximum visibility and safety. This promotes an open, bright atmosphere as well as a clean environment
- Safety Guard on Door Hinges: Our doors are padded at the hinges so that little fingers don’t get pinched when doors are opened and closed between classrooms
- Regular Drills for: Tornado, fire, hurricane and school lock-down drills are routinely practiced for the safety of all our children
Toddler Child Care for Frisco and Little Elm
Maximizing your child’s development during this very exciting & special time by tapping into their curiosity & channeling their boundless energy!
What sets us apart from the average daycare serving Frisco & Little Elm? Our Toddler Childcare Program, of course! At Kids ‘R’ Kids, we understand the endless energy & curiosity of toddlers. We’re confident our program fills their day with challenging & engaging activities to build on existing knowledge, which presents them with new opportunities to grow.
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of West Frisco, our Kids ‘R’ Kids Toddler Program is kid-paced while still fostering important developmental skills and making learning fun!
What We Provide Our Busy Learners
- Fine & Gross Motor Skills — We know that active bodies mean healthy bodies! That’s why we provide play-activities both indoors & outdoors on our large, age-appropriated play spaces. Whether a child is learning to walk, run at full speed, reach for the monkey bars or simply tossing a ball to a friend, they’ll learn all about how their growing bodies function while playing.
- Social Interaction — When children enter the world of toddlerhood, they become more socially aware of the world around them. We understand the importance of making friends & cultivating harmonious relationships with teachers & peers. At Kids ‘R’ Kids West Frisco, your toddler will learn how to have positive interactions, regardless of differences in nationality, religious belief, or cultural norms
- Building Language — The American Sign Language program that we provide our toddlers, has been shown to help with nonverbal and eventual verbal communication. In turn, your child will be able to effectively communicate their needs with caregivers and peers, leading to more met needs and a more nurturing environment
- Creativity — We designed our classrooms with imagination in mind! We offer age-appropriate learning centers for your toddler as they explore their talents and abilities in music, art, early literacy, pretend play and more
- Stories and Songs — Entertaining stories combined with a variety of silly, fun songs help your toddler’s imagination continue to grow while they learn those important skills needed for the next developmental level
We believe that laughter & play are absolutely vital to learning. That’s how we know our West Frisco Toddler Program is filled with all the right ingredients for nurturing your child’s best qualities! Our Toddler Program has:
- Daily activities & lessons that are fun
- A warm & welcoming space for your child to make friends
- Support from our highly-qualified & compassionate staff.
Kids ‘R’ Kids is an amazing place for your child to grow and thrive!
- Front Desk: Our front desk is always staffed so that a watchful eye is supervising the facility, ensuring safety protocol and authorized entries only
- Security Cameras: Every classroom in our facility has security cameras that are monitored at the front desk. The owners and staff can easily observe classroom activities throughout each day. And as a special convenience, families can login to a secure, password-protected website to check in on your child periodically
- Electronic Security: Our facility provides coded entry so only authorized visitors may enter the facility
- Hiring Process: All staff undergo extensive state-mandated background checks before being hired
- Teachers monitor all eating times
- Each day, our in-house chef prepares nutritious meals that exceed USDA guidelines
- Meals are prepared in our commercial-grade kitchen, which is kept separated from the classrooms
- Children eat all meals together using family-style seating in our kid-friendly café
- All allergies are documented and kept in the front office with administrators
- Our school is a nut-free zone
Susan, Nicole and Stacy
“My twins are unique, and Kids ‘R’ Kids adapted programs to meet their needs.”
At Kids ‘R’ Kids in West Frisco, our Toddler Program is designed to uniquely emphasize each stepping stone in the development of your child! Through our whole-child approach, we facilitate Brain/Cognitive, Social, Emotional, Physical and Behavioral Development while utilizing proven techniques of communication, language and literacy skills.
Brain & Cognitive Development
Upon successfully concluding our Toddler Program, your child will be able to:
- Participate in dance, visual arts, voice and drama – all while exploring the use of instruments and objects to express creativity!
- Begin understanding quantity & numbers, as well as the initial concepts of distance, weight, dimension & time.
- Understand patterns & shapes & the initial stages in mathematical problem-solving.
- Demonstrate an awareness of community economics and how events are related.
- Show an understanding of the value of community, culture, ethnicity & geography.
Social & Emotional Development
As your child grows, he/she will:
- Develop relationships & social skills with adults & peers
- Develop the appropriate amount of self-awareness
- Engage in self-expression
- Demonstrate self-control
These skills will be sharpened and nurtured with the help of our highly-skilled teachers.
Through a blend of engaging & physical activities both inside & outside of the classroom, your toddler will:
- Practice safe, healthy habits like putting toys away and hand-washing
- Participate in activities related to nutrition
- Demonstrate a spacial awareness of the body and its relationship to other objects in space
- Use the senses to explore the environment & to process information
- Develop fine & gross motor skills
Before moving on to our Preschool Program, we’ll ensure that your child can:
- Demonstrate initiative & self-directed activities
- Demonstrate interest & curiosity of the world around them
- Maintain attention to a specific activity
- Demonstrate persistence when engaging in an activity
- Engage in a progression of individualized & imaginative play
- Demonstrate a cooperative & flexible approach to play
Communication, Language & Literacy
Once your child has completed our Toddler Program, he/she will be able to:
- Listen to conversations & demonstrate comprehension & understanding to what was said
- Acquire vocabulary introduced in conversations, activities, stories, and/or books
- Use non-verbal communication for expressing wants/needs
- Use increasingly complex language
- Demonstrate increasing knowledge of the alphabet
- Demonstrate concepts of print
- Demonstrate an understanding of writing for a variety of purposes
- Acquire meaning from different materials read aloud
- Develop early phonological awareness
The Big Steps Curriculum® for toddlers continues to build on the big steps taken during infancy. Toddlers experience an environment that invites interaction with play materials within organized play spaces. This research-based, accredited program provides a structured learning plan developed for the busy, growing toddler.
The children practice literacy through sign language, books, puppet play, music, singing, games, and conversation with peers and adults. A child’s cognitive skills blossom with a multitude of activities designed to unleash their already inquisitive and creative nature.