- Clean Classrooms: That include a personal place for your child’s belongings, disinfected toys and play areas, and child-sized sinks for washing hands
- Teachers Certified In: Infant/Child and Adult CPR, and First Aid
- Glass Walls: Featuring tempered glass walls in all of our classrooms for maximum visibility and safety. This promotes an open and bright atmosphere (unlike typical day care centers or childcare providers) as well as a clean environment.
- Monitoring for Choking Hazards: To ensure every item your child interacts with meets safety standards to prevent choking
- Regular Drills For: Tornado, fire, hurricane and school lock-down
Infant Child Care Frisco and Little Elm
At no other stage of life does learning occur so rapidly. Find comfort knowing your child is in the right place at the right time!
The Infant Program here at Kids ‘R’ Kids West Frisco has been perfectly formulated to deliver a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment that includes activities which help your child to achieve important milestones…all while having fun!
We know that every new day reveals an exciting new world for your baby. Long before birth, learning and development begins and accelerates rapidly through all the baby stages. Therefore, infants must continually build knowledge and connect new ideas with what they already know and do.
That’s why our Big Steps Curriculum® for infants nurtures and supports your baby’s development of abilities needed to succeed in learning, literacy, and life.
What We Provide Our Youngest Learners
- Safe and Secure Environment — Where your child learns and grows in an environment that has the appropriate security, monitoring and safety standards
- Social and Emotional Development — A place we offer that is safe and comforting, and that focuses on love and trust
- Language Development — For non-verbal children to maximize their initial communication skills through American Sign Language techniques
- Physical Development — With weekly lesson plans that cover all of the new, stimulating activities your child will participate in
- Cognitive Development — With weekly lesson plans that cover all of the new, stimulating activities your child will practice and learn with us
- Daily Reports — To keep parents informed about their child’s emotional, physical, and educational development
At Kids ‘R’ Kids West Frisco, we believe that balancing learning with love and laughter, and combing encouragement & fitness with fun is one of many reasons we stand apart from other daycares. Our Infant Childcare Program offers a valued extension of the lessons learned at home. Between all the love, hugs and one-on-one attention that our highly-qualified and compassionate staffs gives your child, your child is sure to receive the nurturing reinforcement needed to thrive!
- Electronic Security: Coded entry so only authorized visitors may enter the facility
- Hiring Process: All staff undergo extensive state-mandated background checks
- Front Desk: Our front desk is always staffed so that a watchful eye is supervising the facility, ensuring authorized entries only
- Security Cameras: Every classroom in our facility has security cameras that are monitored at the front desk. The owners and staff can easily observe classroom activities throughout each day. Families can login to a secure, password-protected website to check in on your child periodically
- Bottle-fed babies are held and rocked by our staff while promoting language with mimicking sounds
- Babies eating cereal or jar foods are buckled securely in high chairs while our staff sits at eye-level for meal time
- A cheerful voice is used to encourage your infant to eat
- Simple stories are told during mealtimes
- Infants are encouraged to grasp their own bottle once they reach this milestone. Our staff never props a bottle for feedings
- Infants are encouraged to wipe or wash their hands with assistance at the sink.
- Each family is required to complete and update an infant feeding plan. This plan ensures our staff completely understands your child’s specific diet and meal times
While at Kids ‘R’ Kids, your infant will engage in activities designed to shape and advance the many aspects of their being. Our whole-child approach is guaranteed to ensure your baby grows into a happy, healthy and engaged child. Our program taps into your baby’s natural curiosity and enhances his or her growth through actions designed to encourage Brain, Social, Emotional, Physical and Behavioral Development; and while aiding communication, language and literacy.
We engage the infants in our Infant Childcare Program, and provide each one with stimulation that is crucial for early brain development. Our teachers ensure that your child:
- Responds to music and experiments with vocalization and sounds
- Explores simple art materials and shows preference for visuals
- Shows interest in rhymes, finger plays and stories with props
Social & Emotional Development
We provide nurturing experiences to every child that not only cater to their emotional needs, but enhance their ability to create healthy bonds with family members and caregivers. Our teachers observe your child for:
- Responding to their image and name
- Making sounds, facial expressions or body movements to express simple emotions of contentment or discontentment
- Responding to negative and positive reactions and observing if peers experience a need or discomfort
Physical & Behavioral Development
Our infant care program provides learning centers equipped with educational and developmentally-appropriate toys and activities designed to promote learning in a fun and exciting environment. Expanding the imagination and strengthening the muscles is a big part of our program, so we ensure that your child:
- Initiates active play and engages in some physical activity
- Responds to what they hear, see, touch, taste and smell
- Demonstrates beginning coordination and balance, often with support
- Selects an item of interest by pointing and/or reaching for objects
- Examines a toy, rattle, or object for a brief period
- Repeats actions to make something happen again
Communication, Language & Literacy
Our teachers constantly monitor your child for the beginning steps of communication by observing if they are:
- Responding to simple direction, words, phrases and familiar people
- Communicating feelings through facial expressions
- Showing interest in books and reaching for books to explore through touch
The Big Steps Curriculum® for infants enhanced by our Brain Waves® Curriculum, considers that development and learning begin prenatally and continue throughout life. Young infants are immersed in a curriculum that invites and promotes multiple opportunities for motor and sensory activities. Their cognitive skills are developed through planned activities that invite them to interact with the environment while demonstrating eagerness, curiosity, persistence, creativity, and problem-solving skills. Literacy and language development are also carefully nurtured.