- Certified Teachers in: Our teachers are Infant/Child and Adult CPR, and First Aid
- Clean Classrooms: Our classrooms include a personal place for your child’s belongings, organized learning centers, disinfected toys and play areas, and child-sized sinks for washing hands
- Glass Walls: Our classrooms feature tempered glass walls for maximum visibility and safety. This promotes an open, bright atmosphere as well as a clean environment
- Safety Guard on Door Hinges: Our doors are padded at the hinges so that little fingers don’t get pinched when doors are opened and closed between classrooms
- Regular Drills for: Tornado, fire, hurricane and school lock-down drills are routinely practiced for the safety of all our children
Preschool Childcare Program Frisco
Offering advanced foundations in our Preschool Program for higher levels of success!
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Legacy West in Frisco, we know your preschooler is always on the go & eager for the next adventure! You can always rest in knowing that our preschool program is full-accredited and always equipped with the right tools to meet your toddler’s energy & constant curiosity! We want to ensure that each child gets an accelerated opportunity to be fully-prepared for elementary school.
We excell above and beyond other daycares in Frisco! We provide your child with the nutrition, safety, learning, environment & tools that are needed to constantly feed their ever-growing minds and bodies!
Every day is adventurous through the eyes of a preschooler! Our Frisco Legacy West Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy offers exploration and growing opportunities for your preschooler!
What We Offer Preschoolers
• Developmentally-appropriate activities— We’ve developed guided activities & procedures to cater specifically to your preschooler. Our goal is to ensure that each child has the best preparation for elementary school. Every day our classrooms participate in activities that constanlty encourage your child’s growth & needs.
• Hands-on involvement — Our teachers direct activities and encourage your toddler to participate in self-directed activites as well. We always encourage our kids to utilize hands-on approaches in order that each child come to know their surroundings.
• Decision-making and problem-solving skills — The toddler years bring about new things, like learning to react to one’s surroundings, anticipating what’s next, making decisions & solving problems that present themselves. Our program is designed to specifically offer them a safe, nurturing environment for them to begin building these important skills
• Character development — We created our program to nurture your child’s emotional, behavioral and social needs so that he grows healthily, happily and as a well-adjusted citizen.
• Vocabulary — Our program teaches your preschooler to build & grow his/hre vocabulary in order to prepare for kindergarten.
• Social-emotional activities — As preschoolers grow, they learn to display emotions appropriately and to interact with their peers & teachers. We designed our program to further guide your child’s social-emotional growth through positive interactions.
• Literacy skills — It’s an exciting time for your preschooler when he/she begins learning to read! Your preschooler will start putting their alphabet skills to work as we learn to read together in group and individual times
• Small group instruction — In order to increase your preschooler’s learning, we explore with postive guidance in a small group setting. Through our small groups, preschoolers get more attention while learning to cooperate & work with other preschoolers.
- Front Desk: Our policy is that our front desk is always staffed so that a watchful eye is supervising the facility, ensuring authorized entries only
- Hiring Process: All staff undergo extensive state-mandated background checks prior to being hired
- Electronic Security: Coded entry so only authorized visitors may enter the facility
- Security Cameras: Every classroom in our facility has security cameras that are monitored at the front desk. The owners and staff can easily observe classroom activities during the day. Families can log in to a secure, password-protected website to check in on their child periodically, whenever they’d like.
- Our Frisco school is a nut-free zone
- All allergies are documented and kept in the front office with administrators
- Teachers monitor all feeding times
- Children eat all meals together using family-style seating in our kid-friendly café
- Each day, our in-house chef prepares nutritious meals that exceed USDA guidelines
- Meals are prepared in our commercial-grade kitchen, which is kept separated from the classrooms
Jenni & Jett
“Jett struggled with food allergies in his first day care. Now with Kids ‘R’ Kids, I feel confident with his care.”
Our whole-child approach emphasizes that every aspect of your preschooler’s growth facilitates Brain/Cognitive, Social, Emotional, Physical and Behavioral Development, while enhancing his/her communication, language and literacy skills.
Brain & Cognitive Development
At the successful conclusion of our Frisco Preschool Program, your child will:
- Understand quantity and numbers, as well as the concepts of distance, weight, dimensions, and time
- Create patterns, understand spatial relationships, shape concepts and use mathematical problem solving
- Demonstrate scientific inquiry skills
- Demonstrate knowledge related to physical science
- Demonstrate an understanding of community, culture, ethnicity and geography
- Demonstrate an awareness of community economics and how events are related
- Participate in dance, visual arts, voice and drama while exploring the use of instruments and objects to express creativity
Social & Emotional Development
With the aid of our highly skilled teachers, your child will:
- Develop self-awareness
- Engage in self-expression
- Demonstrate self-control
- Develop relationships and social skills with adults
- Develop relationships and social skills with peers
Through a blending activities both inside & outside of the classroom, your preschooler will:
- Show awareness of the body in space & its relationship to objects in space
- Use senses to explore the environment and process information
- Develop gross & fine motor skills
- Practice safe, healthy habits
- Participate in activities related to nutrition
Before moving on to Kindergarten, it is important that your child can express the following:
- Demonstrate initiative and self-direction
- Demonstrate interest and curiosity
- Sustain attention to a specific activity and demonstrate persistence
- Engage in a progression of individualized and imaginative play
- Demonstrate a cooperative and flexible approach to play
Communication, Language & Literacy
By successfully concluding our Preschool Program, your child will be able to:
- Listen to conversations and demonstrate comprehension & understanding
- Acquire vocabulary introduced in conversations, activities, stories, and/or books
- Use non-verbal communication for a variety of purposes
- Use increasingly complex spoken language
- Demonstrate increasing knowledge of the alphabet
- Demonstrate awareness of print concepts
- Use writing for a variety of purposes
- Acquire meaning from a variety of materials read aloud
- Develop early phonological awareness
Our preschoolers are on an accelerated track to acquire literacy and cognitive skills through our standards-driven, play-based Curriculum. They are immersed in an abundance of hands-on, multisensory activities designed to advance learning. Preschoolers thrive in orderly, well-organized classrooms with schedules that allow for a balance of active and quiet activities.
All subject areas are covered in the Fast Track Curriculum® so preschoolers experience language arts, science, math, social studies, health and physical education. They participate in whole-group, teacher-directed and skills-building learning experiences. These skills are further defined during independent, child-led learning station activities while the teachers are interacting to reinforce the learning acquired during whole group activities.