It’s almost time to send our preschoolers back to school! Back to school sometimes means an overwhelming seemingly endless to-do list to get ready for a new year. Check out our back to school checklist that makes getting ready for back to school a breeze!
One Month Before School Starts:
- Make any doctor or dentist appointments your child might need to be ready for school. Finding time for appointments is much easier before school starts!
- Check out your child’s closet for their school clothing. Sell or donate anything that no longer fits, and begin shopping for things they might need. Don’t forget to check on shoes, too.
- Help your child find a backpack and lunchbox to use, along with any school supplies required by their preschool! Many teachers provide a list, and you’ll also want to pick up any supplies you might need at home for any take home assignments.
Two Weeks Before School Starts:
- Get back into that school year bedtime routine! Starting a couple weeks early will help the first week feel more normal for your child.
- If your child needs a haircut before school or for first day pictures, be sure to take care of that now.
- Take your child shopping for snacks and drinks for school! Use this as an opportunity to teach them about healthy snacks and what will keep them energized for school. Don’t forget to buy supplies like sandwich bags or containers, napkins, and plastic silverware.
The Night Before School Starts:
- Track down your camera and charge it for first day of school pictures!
- Get your child’s lunch and any snacks ready so you won’t have to worry about it while you rush to get out the door.
- Decide on a first day of school outfit for your child and lay it out for them.
- Set your alarm before bed, and plan on giving yourself enough time to walk your child into their first day.
Lastly, enjoy getting your child ready for back to school and sending them to their first day! This checklist will make back to school a breeze, and they’ll be starting before you know it!
For even more back to school tips, read on here!
Want to learn more about Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Round Rock located in Round Rock, Texas? Our mission is to provide secure, nurturing, and educational environments for children ages 6 weeks – 12 years. We help children to bloom into responsible, considerate, and contributing members of society. For more information, give us a call or stop by for a tour! We’d love to get to know you and your family.