Enhancing your experience every day!
Breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon snacks are available at Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Oviedo. Breakfast is served from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. in our cafeteria. All meals and snacks are included in your child’s tuition.
For bottle-fed children, families must provide prepared formula or mother’s milk in bottles. Families must also provide any baby food that they would like their child to have. All infant items should be marked with the child’s first and last name, and the date.
Weekly menus for children on table food are available for review. Please see the Director for information regarding special diets and allergies.
The tuition and fee schedule will provide you with information regarding when payment is due. Also included on the tuition and fee schedule is the School Policy on Vacations and Absences.
Transportation is provided to and from Evans Elementary, Carillon Elementary, and Stenstrom Elementary.
Transportation Agreements are signed once for each school year. Vehicle Emergency Forms must be completed, and information must be kept up-to-date.
Your child must be at Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Oviedo no later than 7:30 a.m. to be transported to school in the mornings.
If at any time your child will not be transported to school by Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Oviedo or will not be picked up by Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Oviedo from public school at the end of the school day, you must notify Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Oviedo in advance.
Field Trip Permission Forms must be signed and dated for each child. Vehicle Emergency Forms must be completed, and information kept up-to-date. You can view our online forms here.
Children going on field trips must wear a Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Oviedo t-shirt and bring a disposable lunch unless stated otherwise.
Internet access to your child’s classroom is by password only. By enrolling your child at Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Oviedo you consent that your child(ren) may also be seen on the Internet by other persons viewing with passwords.
Click HERE to watch your child’s class in action!
The safety of the children is our first concern in the event of an emergency such as severe weather, fire, physical damage to the building—or any other situation that poses a threat.
Our school is equipped with a fire alarm sprinkler system and fire extinguishers. Fire and severe weather drills are conducted every 30 days.
If there is an emergency and it becomes necessary to close the school, parents will be notified to arrange for early pick-up.
Parents will also be instructed by the school, using local TV and/or social media channels to provide closing information, if there is inclement weather and it is determined that the school will not open.
If an emergency develops and it is determined that the building or premises is unsafe, your child(ren) will be transported to a safe location. Families will be notified of the situation and you will be required to pick up your child(ren) as soon as possible.
Our Evacuation location is:
Canterbury Retreat Center
1601 Alafaya Trail
Oviedo, FL 32765
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Oviedo, we use a method called “redirection” to guide your child(ren) toward appropriate behavior. If a child is engaged in behavior not conducive to a safe and happy learning environment, the teacher will “redirect” the child toward appropriate behavior. The use of physical punishment and harsh language is prohibited. Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Oviedo will try to redirect the behavior first. If the behavior continues, then one minute of “Think Time” per each year of age will be warranted. The child will be asked to sit in a chair or on the floor away from the other children until the behavior is under control. The use of harsh language or physical punishment is never permitted.
CHRONIC DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR: We will make every effort to work with the parents of the child having difficulties in school, but we are here to serve and protect all of our children. Children displaying chronic disruptive behavior, which has been determined to be upsetting to the physical or emotional well-being of another child, may require the following actions:
- INITIAL CONSULTATION: The Director, Owner and teacher will require within one week a conference with the parents, who are expected to be involved in all decision-making and problem solving. The problem will be defined on paper. Goals will be established, and the parent will be involved in creating approaches towards solving the problem.
- DISCHARGE/EXPULSION: When the previous attempts have been followed and no progress has been made towards solving the problem, the child will be discharged from the school. The director or owner may immediately discharge a child at anytime if he/she exhibits a behavior, which is harmful to him/her to others. A parent will be called if the child exhibits uncontrollable behavior that cannot be modified by the Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Oviedo staff. The parent must come immediately and pickup the child.
The relationship between families and school staff is vital to the success of a child’s early learning experience. We believe building a teacher-parent partnership, using open communication, will benefit the child in making a positive connection between school and home. There are live-feed cameras in every classroom, playground and common areas, as well as, phones in every classroom. If you need to check in on your child throughout the day, please call the front desk and we can transfer your call directly to your child’s teachers.
Families can assist and help ensure a great experience by doing the following:
- Signing children in and out at the front desk and then escorting them to their designated class
- Having all forms completed before the child’s first day of school
- Updating forms as needed when changes occur (i.e. Immunization Record and Physical, new phone number, address, etc.)
- Keeping staff informed of special needs or changes that might affect the child’s behavior
- Notifying the school if child is ill
- Not bringing an ill child to the school
- Notifying the school if child will be absent
- Notifying the school if you will be later than usual picking up
- Providing a change of clothes in a gallon size Ziploc bag marked with child’s first and last name. (School is not responsible for lost clothing)
- Dressing child properly for the weather and play
- Not allowing child to bring toys or outside food
- Participating in the school’s special activities
- Attending scheduled parent meetings and conferences
- Asking questions and addressing concerns as they arise