Make a Playful Turkey Masterpiece with Your Family!
“Why did the turkey join a band? Because it had the drumsticks!” Cue the drumroll and get ready for some feathered fun in the kitchen with your family! Spend valuable time together transforming these simple ingredients into a playful turkey masterpiece. Using a scoop of sunflower butter as the body, pretzels for the feathers, and small nuts or fruit for the face, your child will have fun while also growing a love for cooking. If you don’t want to use peanut butter, try using cream cheese instead. Make the experience a special bonding time by talking with your child about the process and how it helps them to learn and grow. Cooking together is a recipe for the most memorable moments, so get ready to gobble up the fun and create lasting memories in the kitchen! Remember to take some photos of the magnificent creation!
- Sun butter (or alternative)
- Candy eyes
- A raisin
- Pretzel sticks
- Pretzel twists
- Ice cream scoop
- Take your ice cream scoop and scoop out a ball of sun butter. After putting the scoop onto a plate, you may need to reshape it a bit to form a ball shape.
- Add eyes to the front of the ball.
- Insert a small piece of pretzel under the eyes as a beak.
- Shape a raisin into a “gobble” and place it next to the beak.
- Add pretzel twists and sticks on top of the sun butter ball to form the turkey tail.
- Serve with more pretzels so that everyone can dip the pretzels into the sun butter!