Do you remember the excitement of playing with a folded paper fortune teller?
Now you can create a meaningful family moment and transform an ordinary piece of paper into a canvas for spreading joy. From compliments to giggles, watch as your child crafts an origami fortune teller for friends and family that is full of love. This activity is a golden chance to connect with your child, revealing their unique ways of expressing kindness. More than a craft, it’s an invitation to sow seeds of warmth and connection, creating lasting family memories. Keep a journal handy for those heartwarming quotes that deserve a place in your family’s story. Brace yourself for an adventure of laughter, surprises, and the delightful rustle of flaps unveiling generous acts that are from the heart!
– Piece of paper
1. Begin with a square piece of paper. If your paper isn’t already square, you can trim it to size.
2. Fold the square in half diagonally to create a triangle. Make sure the corners align perfectly.
3. Unfold the triangle, and then fold it in half diagonally in the opposite direction.
4. Again, unfold the triangle to reveal a crease that forms an “X” on the paper.
5. Fold each corner of the square into the center, creating a smaller square.
6. Flip the paper over, and fold each corner into the center once more. You should now have a smaller square with a different color or pattern on top.
7. Fold the square in half horizontally and vertically, creasing well each time. Unfold to reveal the creases.
8. Push each corner of the square toward the center until the tips meet. This will create four pockets.
9. Flip the paper over and push the new corners toward the center to create four more pockets. You should now have eight pockets in total.
10. Use markers to draw a heart in a different color on each of the main squares.
11. Open up the paper and write numbers 1-8 on the interior.
12. Inside each flap, write a suggestion for a way to show kindness!
13. Play! Have your child pick a color, spell that color out while alternating opening it one way and another. Then pick a number, count that out the same way, and do the suggestion under that flap!