Engage your little ones in a cheerful activity that goes beyond delicious treats – creating fruit and chocolate ladybugs as a sweet gesture to show they care.
Let your child remove the strawberry tops into a V-shape, and then gently halve the berries lengthwise to use as the body. Melt chocolate and pour into a zip lock bag, then let your child craft adorable ladybugs by making a line of chocolate down the middle and some dots on each side. Add a blueberry head and presto! A ladybug appears! Each ladybug becomes a heartfelt token of care that can be shared with friends!
1. Cut the strawberries in half and cut the tops into a V shape.
2. Melt the chocolate according to the directions on the candy decorating bag package. Once melted, make a small cut at the point of the bag.
3. Attach a blueberry to create the head, using the chocolate as glue.
4. Use the the chocolate to decorate the ladybug with dots, a line down the back, legs, and antenna.
5. Wait for the chocolate to harden, and your strawberry ladybugs are ready to crawl onto the plate!