- Clean Classrooms: Our classrooms include a personal place for your child’s belongings, organized learning centers, disinfected toys and play areas, and child-sized sinks for washing hands
- Certified Teachers in: Infant/Child and Adult CPR, and First Aid
- Glass Walls: Unlike the average daycare centers or childcare providers, our classrooms feature tempered glass walls for maximum visibility and safety. This promotes an open, bright atmosphere as well as a clean environment
- Safety Guard on Door Hinges: Knowing that toddlers are always curious about visitors as the doors open and close, our doors are padded at the hinges so that little fingers don’t get pinched.
- Regular Drills for: Tornado, fire, hurricane and school lock-down
Our Kids ‘R’ Kids Riverstone Toddler Childcare Program is more than the average daycare serving Sugar Land and Riverstone! Here, we understand the ever-evolving, unmatched energy & curiosity of toddlers. We’re confident in our program’s ability to fill their days with challenging, yet engaging activities in order to build on existing knowledge & to present new opportunities to grow.
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Riverstone, our Toddler Program focuses on being kid-paced while fostering important developmental skills. More than anything, we make learning fun!
What We Give Our Busy Learners
- Building Language — In order to build on language development, we provide our toddlers an American Sign Language program, which has been shown to help with nonverbal and eventual verbal communication. Your child will be able to effectively communicate their needs with caregivers and peers without depending on the use of verbal communication. When your toddler learns to communicate better, more needs are met with a more nurturing environment
- Stories and Songs — Entertainment through stories accompanied by a variety of silly, fun songs help your toddler’s imagination to grow further.
- Creativity — Designed with imagination in mind, our classroom settings offer age-appropriate learning centers for your toddler as they explore their growing talents in music, art, early literacy, imaginative play & more
- Fine and Gross Motor Skills — We know that an active body is a healthy body. That’s why we offer playtime indoors or outdoors in our large, age-separated play areas. No matter if your child is learning to walk, run, is reaching for the monkey bars or simply tossing a ball around, they’ll learn all about their body’s physical abilities & celebrate every accomplishment
- Social Interaction — Toddlers become more aware of the world around them every single day. That’s why we focus on the importance of friendship & cultivating harmonious relationships with teachers & peers. At Kids ‘R’ Kids Riverstone, your toddler learns to have interactions that are always positive, despite differences in culture, nationality or religion.
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Riverstone, we believe laughter and play are essential components to learning and development. We designed our Toddler Childcare Program to fill your toddler’s every day with fun daily activities and lessons. Within our welcoming space, your toddler will learn to expand his/her horizons through social development and make new friends. Of course, our highly-qualified & compassionate staff always nurture your child’s social development – and that’s what makes Kids ‘R’ Kids an amazing place for your child to grow and thrive!
- Electronic Security: Coded entry so only authorized visitors may enter the facility at all times
- Hiring Process: All staff undergo extensive state-mandated background checks prior to being hired
- Front Desk: Our front desk is always staffed so that a watchful eye supervises the facility, ensuring authorized entries only
- Security Cameras: Every classroom in our facility has security cameras that are constantly monitored at the front desk. The owners and staff can easily observe classroom activities throughout each day. Families can also login to a secure, password-protected website to check in on your child periodically
- Our school is a nut-free zone
- All allergies are documented and kept in the front office with administrators
- Teachers monitor all feeding times
- Children eat all meals together using family-style seating in our kid-friendly café
- Each day, our in-house chef prepares nutritious meals that exceed USDA guidelines
- Meals are prepared in our commercial-grade kitchen, which is kept separated from the classrooms
Susan, Nicole and Stacy
“My twins are unique, and Kids ‘R’ Kids adapted programs to meet their needs.”
All of our programs here at Kids ‘R’ Kids Riverstone are built on the foundation of the whole-child approach. In our Toddler Program, we emphasize the development of every aspect of a busy toddler’s life. We especially facilitate Brain/Cognitive, Social, Emotional, Physical & Behavioral Development through the enhancement of communication, language & literacy skills.
Brain & Cognitive Development
At the successful conclusion of our Toddler Program and prior to moving on to the Preschool Program, your child will be able to:
- Participate in dance, visual arts, voice & drama while exploring the use of instruments & objects to express creativity
- Understand patterns, shapes, & the beginning of mathematical problem solving
- Understand quantity & numbers, and the beginning concepts of distance, weight, space & time
- Demonstrate an understanding of community, culture, ethnicity, & geography
- Demonstrate an awareness of community economics & how events are related
Social & Emotional Development
With the aid of our highly skilled teachers, your child’s existing skills will develop more with:
- A higher level of self-awareness
- Engagement in self-expression
- Demonstrated self-control.
- Relationships and social skills among both adults and peers.
Through a blend of engaging activities inside & outside of the classroom, your toddler will learn:
- Safe & healthy habits
- Activities related to nutrition
- Awareness of the body in space & its relationship to objects in space
- Senses to explore the environment & process information
- Find & gross motor skills
Before moving on to our Preschool Program, we’ll ensure that your child:
- Demonstrates initiative and self-direction
- Demonstrates interest and curiosity
- Sustains attention to a specific activity and demonstrates persistence
- Engages in a progression of individualized and imaginative play
- Demonstrates a cooperative and flexible approach to play
Communication, Language & Literacy
Upon the successful conclusion of our Toddler Program, we will ensure your child can:
- Demonstrate comprehension upon listening to conversations and demonstrate comprehension
- Utilize the acquired vocabulary introduced in conversations, activities, stories, and/or books
- Use of non-verbal communication for a variety of purposes
- Use increasingly complex spoken language
- Demonstrate an increasing knowledge of the alphabet
- Demonstrate an awareness of print concepts
- Use writing for a variety of purposes
- Express meaning from a variety of materials read aloud
- Show early phonological awareness
The Big Steps Curriculum® for toddlers continues to build on the big steps taken during infancy. Toddlers experience an environment that invites interaction with play materials within organized play spaces. This research-based, accredited program provides a structured learning plan developed for the busy, growing toddler.
The children practice literacy through sign language, books, puppet play, music, singing, games, and conversation with peers and adults. A child’s cognitive skills blossom with a multitude of activities designed to unleash their already inquisitive and creative nature.