Parents with children in daycare and preschool have great expectations for their child’s future. While much of the future will rest in the hands of the parents, a great curriculum at a respectable childcare, daycare, or preschool can be the best contributor to the successful educational future parents seek for their children.
The word curriculum, which is a description of a course of study in an educational institution, is frequently used without a clear understanding of what it means for your child’s education. While most schools have some sort of curriculum, how it benefits your child and the qualifications of the teachers to deliver the curriculum, can vary drastically.
If you have a child in daycare, childcare, preschool, or school age, look for these important features in your child’s curriculum:
- The course of study should grow with your child through each stage of development, building new concepts upon previous concepts.
- Your child should have learning opportunities in different settings, indoors and outdoors.
- The teachers should be qualified to deliver the curriculum with excellence.
- Technology should be involved to broaden the learning experience.
- Children should be able to learn through the classroom experience, reading, and interacting with other children and the environment.
- The learning environment should be comfortable with enough space to support the learning goals.
- The school should have credible resources to support the curriculum goals and mechanisms.
For more details about the specifics of an excellent curriculum, take a look at the curriculum details at Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies. They provide a very good curriculum description, including extensive study on brain development in early childhood. Children have different learning styles and are intellectually stimulated in different ways. The learning experience is broadened even more as children interact with their peers, teachers, and the environment. It’s important for parents to recognize an excellent curriculum before choosing their child’s educational environment. As you prepare your child for the future in our technology-driven culture, be sure to seek an excellent curriculum that helps shape your child’s educational future. For more information about childhood learning and excellent curriculum, contact Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies.
If you enjoyed this blog and want to read more, click below for our blog from last month!
Indoor Activities for Preschoolers
Want to learn more about Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Medlock Bridge located in Norcross, Georgia? Our mission is to provide secure, nurturing, and educational environments for children ages 6 weeks – 12 years. We help children to bloom into responsible, considerate, and contributing members of society. For more information, give us a call or stop by for a tour! We’d love to get to know you and your family.