Skip to main content
Extra Curricular Activities
- Health and Fitness – According to recent studies, childhood obesity has reached epidemic proportions in our society partially because of the comforts of technology and fast food choices. At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Hixson, we know how important physical activity is to a child’s development and health. That’s why we offer the Kids ‘R’ Kids Health and Fitness Challenge. Our unique Health and Fitness Program provides all of the tools for children to enjoy and learn how to be healthy. Throughout our curriculum we emphasize family style dining, the food pyramid, healthy bodies, and physical fitness. We also stress the importance of physical well-being, team cooperation, and fair play.
- Foreign Language – Early childhood is a great time to discover another language because a child’s brain is designed to learn multiple languages. Learning a foreign language is a unique way for your child to appreciate diversity and communication.
- Dance – With free interpretation and choreographed movements, we are excited to offer classes and instruction in dance. Even the youngest child will learn better expression with dance and music movement. Your child will enjoy personal expression, performing with music and movement, as well as gaining an increased sense of accomplishment.
- Martial Arts – The principles of this ancient art teach self-discipline and physical prowess. Through martial arts, your child will learn to respect others and regulate personal actions.
- Music – Music is an incredible tool used for brain development. The Kids ‘R’ Kids music program exposes children to a variety of cultures, musical styles, and techniques that awaken inner abilities. Our music program gives children the opportunity to engage in singing exercises, playing instruments, and composing their own musical masterpieces.
- Computers– Technology touches practically every aspect of our culture. Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Hixson understands the importance of providing your child with the latest in electronic lessons, games, and resources to support the educational themes taught in school and those necessary to prepare for the future.