- Clean Classrooms: Include a personal place for your child’s belongings, disinfected toys and play areas, and child-sized sinks for washing hands
- Certified Teachers in: Infant/Child and Adult CPR, and First Aid
- Glass Walls: Unlike typical day care centers or childcare providers, our classrooms feature tempered glass walls for maximum visibility and safety. This promotes an open, bright atmosphere, as well as a clean environment
- Monitoring for Choking Hazards: We ensure every item your child interacts with meets safety standards to prevent choking
- Regular Drills for: Tornado, fire, hurricane and school lock-down
OUR INFANT CHILDCARE PROGRAM
At no other stage of life does learning occur so rapidly. Find comfort knowing your child is in the right place at the right time!
New Braunfels Infant Childcare -Available to children as young as six weeks old
At Kids ‘R’ Kids of Westpointe-New Braunfels, our Infant Program has been carefully designed to deliver a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment with activities to help your child achieve important milestones while having fun! We pride ourselves on keeping your mind at ease with our live stream cameras that are located within all classrooms and throughout the facility.
Every day reveals an exciting new world for your baby. Learning and development starts long before birth and accelerates rapidly afterwards. Therefore, infants must continually build knowledge and connect new ideas to what they already know and do.
Our Big Steps Curriculum® for infants nurtures and supports the development of abilities that your baby needs to succeed in learning, literacy, and life. Providing peace of mind and reliable infant daycare to parents in the greater New Braunfels areas!
What We Provide Our Youngest Learners
- Safe and Secure Environment — Where your child can learn and grow, and families can rest assured that the appropriate security, monitoring and safety standards are in place
- Social and Emotional Development — A safe and comforting place that focuses on love and trust
- Language Development — American Sign Language techniques to help non-verbal children maximize their initial communication skills
- Physical Development — Weekly lesson plans cover all of the new, stimulating activities your child will practice and learn with us
- Cognitive Development — Weekly lesson plans cover all of the new, stimulating activities your child will practice and learn with us
- Daily Reports — keep parents informed about their child’s emotional, physical, and educational development
Key Features of Our Infant Childcare Program
At Kids ‘R’ Kids, we believe in balancing learning with love and laughter, engagement with encouragement and fitness with fun. Between all of the love, hugs, and one-on-one attention given by our highly-qualified and compassionate staff, our Infant Childcare Program serves as a valued extension of the lessons learned at home – providing the nurturing reinforcement your child needs to thrive!
- Electronic Security: Coded entry so only authorized visitors may enter the facility
- Hiring Process: All staff undergo extensive state-mandated background checks
- Front Desk: Our front desk is always staffed so that a watchful eye is supervising the facility, ensuring authorized entries only
- Security Cameras: Every classroom in our facility has security cameras that are monitored at the front desk. The owners and staff can easily observe classroom activities throughout each day. Families can login to a secure, password-protected website to check in on your child periodically
- Bottle-fed babies are held and rocked by our staff while promoting language with mimicking sounds
- Babies eating cereal or jar foods are buckled securely in high chairs while our staff sits at eye-level for meal time
- A cheerful voice is used to encourage your infant to eat
- Simple stories are told during mealtimes
- Infants are encouraged to grasp their own bottle once they reach this milestone. Our staff never props a bottle for feedings
- Infants are encouraged to wipe or wash their hands with assistance at the sink.
- Each family is required to complete and update an infant feeding plan. This plan ensures our staff completely understands your child’s specific diet and meal times
Daily Activities in our Infant Childcare Program
While at Kids ‘R’ Kids, your infant will engage in activities designed to shape and advance the many aspects of their being. Our whole-child approach is guaranteed to ensure your baby grows into a happy, healthy and engaged child. Our program taps into your baby’s natural curiosity and enhances his or her growth through actions designed to encourage Brain, Social, Emotional, Physical and Behavioral Development; and while aiding communication, language and literacy.
Our Infant Childcare Program is designed to engage infants and provide each one with the stimulation that is so crucial for early brain development. Our teachers ensure that your child:
- Responds to music and experiments with vocalization and sounds
- Explores simple art materials and shows preference for visuals
- Shows interest in rhymes, finger plays and stories with props
Social & Emotional Development
We provide every child with a nurturing experience that not only caters to their emotional needs but also enhances their ability to create healthy bonds with family members and caregivers. Our teachers observe to see if your child:
- Responds to their image and name
- Makes sounds, facial expressions or body movements to express simple emotions of contentment or discontentment
- Responds to negative and positive reactions and observes peers who are experiencing a need or discomfort
Physical & Behavioral Development
Our infant care program provides learning centers equipped with educational and developmentally-appropriate toys and activities designed to promote learning in a fun and exciting environment. Expanding the imagination and strengthening the muscles is a big part of our program, so we ensure that your child:
- Initiates active play and engages in some physical activity
- Responds to what they hear, see, touch, taste and smell
- Demonstrates beginning coordination and balance, often with support
- Selects an item of interest by pointing and/or reaching for objects
- Examines a toy, rattle, or object for a brief period
- Repeats actions to make something happen again
Communication, Language & Literacy
Our teachers constantly monitor your child for the beginning steps of communication by observing if they are:
- Responding to simple direction, words, phrases and familiar people
- Communicating feelings through facial expressions
- Showing interest in books and reaching for books to explore through touch
Our exclusive BIG STEPS CURRICULUM® for Infants
The Big Steps Curriculum® for infants enhanced by our Brain Waves® Curriculum, considers that development and learning begin prenatally and continue throughout life. Young infants are immersed in a curriculum that invites and promotes multiple opportunities for motor and sensory activities. Their cognitive skills are developed through planned activities that invite them to interact with the environment while demonstrating eagerness, curiosity, persistence, creativity, and problem-solving skills. Literacy and language development are also carefully nurtured.