Skip to main content
All of the following Special Programs are included in your child`s tuition.
- Spanish Classes– There is no better time for a child to learn a second language than during the early childhood years. In fact, a child’s brain is designed to learn multiple languages. For this reason, Kids `R` Kids has hired a fluent Spanish speaker to teach the language to the children. While the children are working hard to learn good communication and word recognition skills in English, it is important that they are also familiar with a variety of Spanish words and phrases that they may hear or see in their community. The teacher uses music to reinforce Spanish words and concepts as well as the everyday routine in the classroom.
- Sign Language Curriculum– Sign Language is incorporated into the children’s daily routine. Research has demonstrated repeatedly that children retain what they learn through fun, playful activities that encourage the use of multiple intelligences (musical learning, visual learning, physical learning, verbal learning and more). When sign language is combined with spoken word and songs it provides preschoolers with a fun, playful, multi-sensory, language-rich activity that develops vocabulary, increases language skills, reinforces the learning of basic educational concepts, develops reading readiness, fosters an enthusiasm for learning and better prepares them for entering elementary school.
- Music – Music is an incredible tool used for brain development. Our music programs expose children to a variety of musical styles, cultures, and techniques, awakening their inner abilities. Children have the opportunity to play instruments, engage in singing exercises, and compose their very own musical masterpiece.
- Computer Lab and Library – Knowing that our future continues to involve the technology of computers, Kids `R` Kids understands the importance of providing your child with the latest in electronic lessons and games to support the educational themes taught in school. All children three and up go to the Computer Lab and Library multiple times per week. The purpose of this room is to allow children to participate in educational computer games as well as the library center in small groups. Since the goal is for the children to work on educational games, internet access is not provided in the lab. While in the lab, the teacher will ensure that each child gets his turn at the computer and in the library center according to the schedule she has created for her class.
- Health and Fitness (P.E.) – Recent studies show that our society, through the comforts of technology and fast food, has enabled childhood obesity to reach epidemic proportions. Kids ‘R’ Kids knows how important physical activity is to any child’s development, and that is why our centers include the Kids ‘R’ Kids Health and Fitness Challenge. Our unique Health and Fitness Program provides the tools for kids of all ages to learn how to be healthy. Throughout this curriculum, we emphasize healthy bodies, the food pyramid, family style dining, and physical fitness. We stress the importance of fair play, team cooperation, and physical well-being.