We are enrolling! Join us in nurturing young minds, fostering creativity, and creating a brighter future. We're excited to introduce your child to a world of possibilities! Contact us today for details.
Dear Families & Staff,
We have received numerous calls and emails asking what we are doing since FISD is closing for an extended Spring Break. At this time, Kids ‘R’ Kids of Prosper will remain OPEN for as long as we have toilet paper and hand soap! 🙂
If you need care for your school-age child, our school-age program will be open for enrollment.
If our decision changes due to future news, we will email you all as soon as we make any changes.
Once again, here is a copy of our email that was sent earlier this week assuring the community of what we do to sanitize the school:
Dear Kids ‘R’ Kids of Prosper Families,
As coronavirus remains a frequent topic of global news, we continue to receive questions about what Kids ‘R’ Kids is doing in response. At this time, the CDC has reassured the citizens of the United States that they are at a very low risk to contract COVID-19. We will continue to monitor the situation.
We have been working with our staff and students to remind and reinforce the importance of hand washing, proper hygiene, and manually cleaning of surfaces with disinfectants as a precaution to maintain healthy classrooms during cold and flu season.
Kids ‘R’ Kids of Prosper already has protocols in place to handle communicable illnesses common to schools like influenza (flu), pertussis (whooping cough), strep throat, head lice and more. Our school routinely teaches and reinforces the following:
· Proper hand washing (soap and water for 20 seconds and hand sanitizer in between)
· Washing hands after certain activities, including bathroom breaks or outside time and before/after meals
· Cough and sneeze etiquette (cough into the upper sleeve or use tissue and dispose of it properly)
· Keeping hands away from eyes, nose, and mouth
· Staying home if sick
Other precautions we routinely complete are:
1. Hand sanitizer available in the lobby
2. We routinely use our ZONO machine, a $10,000.00 hospital-grade sanitizing closet that removes 99.9% of all viruses and bacteria
3. We use a “green gun” daily that sprays the classrooms, busses, and objects in the building. This green gun covers a light disinfectant over all surfaces and in the air of the classrooms
4. Throughout the day, we use sanitizers and disinfectants for cleaning all surfaces, per State Health Department
5. We have 2 sets of commercial washer and dryers on-site that have special sanitizing cycles for when we wash our sheets
6. We hire a janitorial company that comes in nightly to deep clean the entire school
7. We set off “germ bombs” in the evening after a contagious illness has shown in a classroom
We require our families to keep children at home when they are sick or experiencing fever. Your child must be free of fever for 24 hours, without Tylenol or Advil, not vomiting or had diarrhea for 24 hours prior to returning to school. Antibiotics must be taken for 24 hours before returning to school. For questions about our sick policies, you may find a copy of our handbook on our website.
For additional and future updates on the Coronavirus, please check the CDC website.
Your Kids ‘R’ Kids of Prosper Team