We are enrolling! Join us in nurturing young minds, fostering creativity, and creating a brighter future. We're excited to introduce your child to a world of possibilities! Contact us today for details.
August is here, and that means that summer is coming to an end. Even though school is starting soon, it is not too late to experience some summer fun! You do not have to take an elaborate vacation or spend a lot of money in order to end your summer on a high note. Try a few of these quintessential summer activities with your preschooler:
- Beat the heat with some ice cream! There are so many ways to enjoy ice cream during the dog days of summer. You can make your own homemade ice cream or visit a new ice cream shop. To make it extra special, have a few friends over and host an ice cream buffet.
- Summer nights were made for s’mores. You can build a bonfire, use a fire pit, or purchase a tabletop or portable fire pit/grill. There is nothing like a roasted marshmallow and some melted chocolate to bring a tasty, messy end to summer.
- Have a water balloon fight. Water games are one of the best ways to beat the heat. You may choose a sneak-attack on an unsuspecting loved one, a coordinated team effort, or a free-for-all. No matter how you play, a hot day and a container full of water balloons is sure to be a great way to end the summer.
- Plan a carnival-style competition for a group of friends in your backyard or at a local park. Some traditional game ideas are three-legged races, egg toss, pie eating contest, sack races, and ring toss. The possibilities are as endless as your creativity!
- Nothing tastes as sweet as a refreshing watermelon in the summer. Your preschooler can have some fun with their watermelon by having a seed spitting contest or creating watermelon sculptures with cut up pieces of the fruit and toothpicks or wooden skewers.
- Even before the popularity of the Sandlot movie almost 30 years ago, children have enjoyed playing baseball throughout the summer. Gather all your neighborhood families and friends together for an adults versus kids game.
- Create a scrapbook or a memory jar with photos, shells, rocks, or any other mementos from the summer. Summer may be ending but the fun memories can stick with you for a long time!
If you enjoyed this blog, please take a look at our school’s blog page. There you will find blogs on a wide variety of topics that we believe will be beneficial to you and your family.
Want to learn more about Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Missouri City located in Missouri City, Texas? Our mission is to provide secure, nurturing, and educational environments for children ages 6 weeks – 12 years. We help children to bloom into responsible, considerate, and contributing members of society. For more information, give us a call or stop by for a tour! We’d love to get to know you and your family.