Deciding what to get friends and family for Christmas can be a difficult task. Why not create something from the heart? Your preschooler can express their love by creating something that cannot be bought in stores, and they can have fun doing it! Whether you are on a tight budget or you are having a difficult time deciding on the perfect gift, here are a couple craft ideas to inspire you and your preschooler.
A photo frame ornament is something that can be put out year after year. It is always exciting to get the ornaments and reminisce of days gone by.
Supplies Needed: cardboard, craft knife, pom poms, white glue, ribbon, glue gun
- Using a piece of cardboard, trace out a shape like a star or a circle. Find something circular like a juice cap that fits in the center, and trace that as well.
- Cut out your shape and the hole in the middle with a craft knife.
- Use white glue to attach the pom poms to cover your shape.
- After the glue has dried, attach a piece of ribbon to the back of the ornament with a glue gun.
- Cut a photo to fit in the center hole and attach it to the back with the glue gun.
These ornaments are easy for preschoolers to do with minimal help, and they look great on the tree!
These lavender lotion bars are a useful gift for moisturizing skin during those cold winter days.
Supplies Needed: beeswax, coconut oil, dried lavender and/or lavender essential oil
- Using the double boiler method, melt ¾ cup of chopped or grated beeswax. (This can be ordered in white or yellow from Amazon.)
- Once melted, remove from heat, and stir in 1 cup of coconut oil.
- Stir in a few drops of essential oils. If you are able to get dried lavender, stir it in also. It’s not necessary, but it adds a nice visual touch.
- You can pour it into a small loaf pan or silicon molds like these or these.
- Put it in the refrigerator to cool and harden.
Whether you choose to make something memorable or useful, you are making memories. Those are some of the best gifts you can give!
If you enjoyed this blog, please take a look at our school’s blog page. There you will find blogs on a wide variety of topics that we believe will be beneficial to you and your family.
Want to learn more about Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Landstar located in Orlando, Florida? Our mission is to provide secure, nurturing, and educational environments for children ages 6 weeks – 12 years. We help children to bloom into responsible, considerate, and contributing members of society. For more information, give us a call or stop by for a tour! We’d love to get to know you and your family.