Our top priority is providing peace of mind to our enrolled families and to our community. Our school is Now Enrolling, and we would love to meet you! Contact us today for details.
Enhancing your experience every day!
Attention to detail is the key to an unsurpassed early education experience
Policies for excellence and peace of mind
The relationship between families and school staff is vital to the success of a child’s early learning experience. Through the use of open communication, we believe building a teacher-parent partnership will benefit the child in making a positive connection between school and home.
Breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon snacks are available at Kids ‘R’ Kids. Information is provided by the school on any charges that may apply.
For bottle-fed children, families must provide prepared formula or mother’s milk placed in bottles. We will inform you of the policy regarding baby foods. All infant items should be marked with the child’s first and last name, and the date.
Weekly menus for children on table food are available for review. Please see the Director for information regarding special diets and allergies.
You will be informed of all rates, discounts, late fees, breakfast charges, activity fees, registration fees, check return fees, and any school-specific fees.
The tuition and fee schedule will also provide you with information regarding when payment is due and any late charges to be applied. Also included on the tuition and fee schedule is the School Policy on Attendance, explaining the number of days that require full tuition, half tuition, and vacation days allowed.
Transportation is provided to and from public, private elementary, or grade schools designated by our school as part of our Before and After Program.
Transportation Agreements are signed once for each school year. Vehicle Emergency Forms must be completed, and information must be kept up-to-date.
We will inform you of the time your child must be present at our center for transportation to elementary or grade school.
If at any time your child will not be transported to school by Kids ‘R’ Kids or will not be picked up by Kids ‘R’ Kids from public school at the end of the school day, you must notify Kids ‘R’ Kids in advance. Kids ‘R’ Kids will inform you of the time by which you must make this notification.
Field Trip Permission Forms must be signed and dated for each child. Vehicle Emergency Forms must be completed, and information kept up-to-date. You can view our online forms here.
Children going on field trips must wear a Kids ‘R’ Kids t-shirt.
The school will also provide identification for each child.
Internet access to your child’s classroom is by password only. By enrolling your child at Kids ‘R’ Kids you consent that your child(ren) may also be seen on the Internet by other persons viewing with passwords.
The safety of the children is our first concern in the event of an emergency such as severe weather, fire, physical damage to the building—or any other situation that poses a threat.
Our school is equipped with a fire alarm sprinkler system and fire extinguishers. Fire and severe weather drills are conducted every 30 days.
If there is an emergency and it becomes necessary to close the school, parents will be notified to arrange for early pick-up.
Parents will also be instructed by the school, using local TV and/or social media channels to provide closing information, if there is inclement weather and it is determined that the school will not open.
If an emergency develops and it is determined that the building or premises is unsafe, your child(ren) will be transported to a safe location. Families will be notified of the situation and you will be required to pick up your child(ren) as soon as possible.
At Kids ‘R’ Kids, we use a method called “redirection” to guide your child(ren) toward appropriate behavior. If a child is engaged in behavior not conducive to a safe and happy learning environment, the teacher will “redirect” the child toward appropriate behavior. The use of physical punishment and harsh language is prohibited.
The relationship between families and school staff is vital to the success of a child’s early learning experience. We believe building a teacher-parent partnership, using open communication, will benefit the child in making a positive connection between school and home.
Families can assist and help ensure a great experience by doing the following:
- Signing children in and out at the front desk and then escorting them to their designated class
- Having all forms completed before the child’s first day of school
- Updating forms as needed when changes occur (i.e. new phone number, address, etc.)
- Keeping staff informed of special needs or changes that might affect the child’s behavior
- Notifying the school if child is ill
- Not bringing an ill child to the school
- Notifying the school if child will be absent
- Notifying the school if you will be later than usual picking up
- Providing a change of clothes marked with child’s first and last name. (School is not responsible for lost clothing)
- Dressing child properly for the weather and play
- Not allowing child to bring toys or outside food
- Participating in the school’s special activities
- Attending scheduled parent meetings and conferences
- Asking questions and addressing concerns as they arise
- All prescribed medication must be left at the front desk with the person in charge. A medication form must be filled out completely and signed by the parent or guardian before any medication can be given.
- Medications must be in the original container and labeled as follows: child´s name, current date, dosage, times to be given, expiration date, and any other special instructions.
- Any non-prescription medication must have a signed, dated note from the child´s doctor stating the name of the child to receive the medication, name of the medication, amount to be given, times to be given, length of time to be given and any other special instructions.
- Medications will be dispensed only by the person or persons designated by the Franchisee or Director of the school.
- If a child becomes ill, injured, or has an adverse reaction to prescribed medication while at the school, the parent(s) or emergency contact person will be notified immediately.
- If it is necessary to seek immediate medical attention for a child, the child will be transported to the designated medical facility. * The child´s vehicle and emergency medical permission forms, as well as the health information file, will accompany the child.
- In the event of an occurrence of a communicable disease, as outlined by the Department of Health, written notification will be posted on the classroom door within 24 hours or the next business day.
- In our effort to provide a safe, healthy environment in which each child may grow and develop, we maintain a school free of alcohol, drugs, and tobacco use.
- The use or presence of alcohol, drugs, and tobacco by school staff, parents, or anyone visiting the school is prohibited in the building or anywhere on the grounds.
- The use or presence of alcohol, drugs, and tobacco is prohibited during any outing or field trip, as well as on any vehicle used by the school to transport your child(ren).
- The staff will work with each child to fulfill the needs of that child, and every effort will be made to provide a positive learning experience. Special needs will be accommodated when possible.
- Kids ´R´ Kids Learning Academies reserves the right to ask parents to make alternative arrangements for care if it is determined that a child´s needs cannot be met, or the child has not adjusted to group care provided by the school. In the event behavior becomes disruptive to the program or becomes a problem that poses an unsafe situation for the child or other children in the class, alternative arrangements will be required.
- If you, as a parent, are uncooperative in completing and returning forms, fail to pay your tuition on time, fail to follow any state or county regulations, or fail to follow any Kids ´R´ Kids Policy or Procedure, it may be necessary to dismiss your child(ren) from the school.
- Kids ´R´ Kids Academies are licensed for specific hours of operation; early arrival and late pick-up cannot be allowed.
- If children are left at the school after closing time and no word is received from the parent(s) or an emergency contact cannot be reached, authorities will be contacted.
- After the school´s licensed closing time, the school may charge a late pick-up fee.