Lead TeacherFostering a lifelong love of learning in each of our students!
Kids ‘R’ Kids of Blue Valley invites you to explore the opportunity of joining our team in providing the highest quality child care and early childhood education in the Overland Park area. We are currently accepting applications for full-time Lead Teachers. The ideal candidate will meet and exceed all Kansas Child Care licensing requirements, possess a high level of professionalism, have a true passion for children, and a desire for long-term employment with a rapidly growing company.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) plan with match
- Annual bonus program
- Generous paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training hours
- Child care discount
- Meet all Kansas Child Care Licensing requirements
- High school diploma or GED (preferred)
- Working knowledge of the behaviors and developmental stages of infant/toddler/pre-school/school-age children, typically gained by working one year or more in a school or preschool setting
- Knowledge of safety practices as they relate to infant/toddler/preschool/school age children
- Infant, Child, and Adult CPR/First Aid certified at time of hire or achieve certification within 30 days from date of hire
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Satisfactory criminal background-check for child care centers
Primary Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Plans and consistently implements the curriculum activities that promote the children’s social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development.
- Helps children learn to think creatively, to solve problems independently, and to respect themselves and others.
- Recognizes and considers the background, special needs, interests, learning style, and pace of each child.
- Keeps accurate, current records of each child’s developmental milestones and progress.
- Treats each child with kindness, dignity, and respect. Uses positive guidance techniques consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Creates a developmentally appropriate environment consistent with the company’s philosophy and goals including the implementation of the Kids ‘R’ Kids proprietary early learning curriculum.
- Establishes developmentally appropriate room arrangement, evidence of Family Information Board, curriculum related bulletin boards, and learning environment in the classroom as outlined in the Kids ‘R’ Kids curriculum.
- Maintains educational materials and equipment by keeping a well-organized and safe classroom.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops, and/or school functions.
- Physical requirements: Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.