With the longer days and warmer weather, summer is the perfect time to engage your preschooler in an array of activities! Whether you like to be on the go every day or enjoy a slower pace, consider adding some of these ideas to your summer bucket list!
- Visit your local library. Your toddler will enjoy selecting his own books to read.
- Go to a splash pad. Slather on the sunscreen and dance some time away in the water!
- Get some ice cream. Hot days call for cool treats!
- Play with sidewalk chalk. There are so many things your child can play with chalk–freestyle the artwork, practice writing numbers and letters, draw a hopscotch and teach your toddler to play, etc.
- Bring out the bubbles. Preschoolers are fascinated by bubbles, and they are the perfect age to be able to blow them all by themselves.
- Splash in the backyard kiddie pool or sprinkler. Kids love playing in water, but it is not always easy to take them to a pool or splash pad. Create your own fun at home!
- Find a new park to explore. Being outside is great for kids and exploring parks helps them appreciate nature and get plenty of fresh air and exercise.
- Set up a lemonade stand. Not only can you teach your preschooler to make lemonade, but you can also teach them how to earn money and save it for something special.
- Have an indoor campout. You do not have to set up a real tent, just create a makeshift “fort” out of blankets and camp out in the living room together one night telling stories and eating snacks.
- Find a new hobby or skill to try. Preschoolers are naturally curious about almost everything, so include them in an activity you enjoy or start something new together.
While you are crossing things off your bucket list, keep in mind that it is not what you do or how much money you spend that matters to your child. They just love spending time with you!
If you enjoyed this blog, please take a look at our school’s blog page. There you will find blogs on a wide variety of topics that we believe will be beneficial to you and your family.
Want to learn more about Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Northern Greensboro located in Greensboro, North Carolina? Our mission is to provide secure, nurturing, and educational environments for children ages 6 weeks – 12 years. We help children to bloom into responsible, considerate, and contributing members of society. For more information, give us a call or stop by for a tour! We’d love to get to know you and your family.