Summer Camp Teacher/ After School Program Teacher
Kids ‘R’ Kids of Liberty Field, a nationally accredited NAEYC, COGNIA, and 4-Star Texas Rising Star learning academy, is looking for fun and energetic teachers for our After School program (5-13 yrs).
The ideal teacher would be creative in executing and/or creating daily lesson plans, enjoy helping students complete homework, and have a love of messy art and science projects! After School Teachers will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining a safe, nurturing, and loving environment work together with the other after school staff and in conjunction with the entire faculty.
- High School Diploma or Accredited General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Must possess or be pursuing at least a Child Development Associate, Associate degree, or higher from an accredited college or university (preferred)
- One (1) year of qualifying teaching and/or classroom experience preferably in an after-school or youth program setting
- Provide any additional information required by the child care regulatory agency and/or Kids ‘R’ Kids – Liberty Field
- Meet minimum requirements set by the state child care regulatory agency for the position of Preschool Teacher
- Must have satisfactory outcome of background and fingerprinting check prior to starting employment
- Current certification in CPR/First Aid or the ability to obtain certification
- Must be available 1:00 pm – 6:30 pm Monday – Friday with occasional evening and weekends required for training and special events
- Must be available to work between the hours of 6:30 am – 6:30 pm Monday – Friday for Spring Break & Summer Camp staffing
- Demonstrate the ability to handle crisis situations, especially where children are involved and to respond immediately to any emergency situation
- Willingness to attend and/or participate in continued training/education as required by the child care regulatory agency or this school
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Lifts 5-10 lbs. frequently, 10-50 lbs. occasionally, and more than 50 lbs. infrequently.
- Moderate running, walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting.
- Strong visual acuity, speech/hearing, hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity to perform the essential functions.
- Work indoors and outdoors in varying climate conditions.
- May be required under special circumstances to provide physical restraint of students in danger of causing harm to themselves and/or others