The new school year is starting soon, and it is a good time to get to know your preschooler’s teacher! Here are some tips on the why and how to make this a smooth transition.
Here are some of the “whys” to get to know the teacher:
- It allows you and your preschooler’s teacher to become teammates for your child’s education.
- You can get the teacher’s advice for how to best and most proactively prepare your child for the school year.
- You are able to get the rundown for a typical day at preschool. You can then help alleviate some of your child’s concerns.
Here are some of the “hows” to get to know the teacher:
- Schedule a time to meet with your preschooler’s teacher. You can sit down together and work through the best plan for communication. Do you and the teacher prefer in-person visits, email communication, or phone calls?
- When meeting with the teacher, go over your child’s strengths, weaknesses, and any concerns you feel led to tell the teacher. For instance, you can let your child’s teacher know if there are vision or hearing problems, or if your child has a fear of answering questions in public, etc.
- Together, you can come up with strategies to best meet the needs of your child. For example, if your child has a fear of being bumped by many children, perhaps a plan could be made to have your child stand at the end of the line, for example.
- Sit down with each other and honestly state one another’s expectations for the school year. If any are not possible to meet, it is best to know that going into the school year. An open and honest conversation will serve you, your child’s teacher, and most importantly your child well!
Your child will thrive (and the year can be a success) when there is an appropriate partnership between you and your preschooler’s teacher!
If you enjoyed this blog, please take a look at our school’s blog page. There you will find blogs on a wide variety of topics that we believe will be beneficial to you and your family.
Want to learn more about Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Johns Creek Parkway located in Johns Creek, Georgia? Our mission is to provide secure, nurturing, and educational environments for children ages 6 weeks – 12 years. We help children to bloom into responsible, considerate, and contributing members of society. For more information, give us a call or stop by for a tour! We’d love to get to know you and your family.