Admit it. Playing with your food is fun despite what your parents told you or you may have even told your preschoolers. You should read this book: Don’t Play with Your Food by Bob Shea, and then you and your preschooler should start playing with your food!
You will need to make your favorite cupcake recipe or, to save time, purchase some store bought cupcakes; and candy corn, gummy rings, or other candy
- If you are baking your cupcakes, let your child help with the mixing and frosting.
- Set out different types of candies for them to use to decorate the cupcakes.
- Monsters are not just for Halloween! These are especially fun to do with candy corn if you read the Bob Shea book.
You will need a piece of toasted bread; your favorite nut butter, Nutella, or cream cheese; and assorted cut fruit pieces.
- Put your favorite spread on the piece of toast.
- Use bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raisins, or apples to design an animal face.
You will need nut butter, celery sticks, and fruits or vegetables.
- Trim the celery stalks.
- Fill celery with nut butter.
- Decorate with fruits and veggies to create caterpillars, snails, or whatever creature your preschooler can imagine.
You will need a seedless watermelon, yogurt, and other fruit cut into pieces.
- Slice the watermelon into round, flat pieces (like pizza dough).
- Use the yogurt as the sauce and spread over the watermelon.
- Top with other fruits like bananas, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, or whatever you would like.
- Then cut the watermelon into slices and eat.
Sometimes getting your preschooler to eat feels like a battle. These recipes combine a preschooler’s love for helping in the kitchen and their desire to be creative. It also gives them opportunities for a bonding activity with a parent. Making food fun can encourage healthy eating too!
If you enjoyed this blog, please take a look at our school’s blog page. There you will find blogs on a wide variety of topics that we believe will be beneficial to you and your family.
Want to learn more about Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Highland Glen located in Pearland, Texas? Our mission is to provide secure, nurturing, and educational environments for children ages 6 weeks – 12 years. We help children to bloom into responsible, considerate, and contributing members of society. For more information, give us a call or stop by for a tour! We’d love to get to know you and your family.